MINISTERS OF HOSPITALITY or USHERS
Ushers are ministers of hospitality who play a key role in the living Body of Christ as the first contact believers have with the assembly when they arrive for Mass. The Ushers greet and welcome both newcomer and longtime parishioners making a profound difference in preparing the faithful to fully enter the liturgy.
Ushers strive to insure the solemnity and tranquility of the liturgy. Their duties include:
- Greeting and welcoming parishioners and visitors.
- Providing assistance in seating the congregation at masses and other liturgical functions.
- Conducting the collection during Mass.
- Directing the presentation of the offertory gifts.
- Directing the congregation during communion
- Providing assistance in checking for articles left behind and for litter in the seat and on the floor.