The Parish Council of St. Michael’s is the functional structure of our local Catholic Community... our Parish. The Parish Council is tasked to organize, coordinate, evaluate, unify and support activities within the Parish, ensuring the extension of Christ's mission. The Council will present all members of the Parish with the opportunity to participate in the apostolic effort of bringing unity to the mission of the church through encouraging, guiding and directing parish life. The Parish Council and its committees exist to serve our parish community. Our goals are clearly defined below:
MISSION GOALS AND PURPOSE OF THIS COUNCIL
Our by-laws & statements of purpose define what we do, and why we do it.
1. To create an apostolic-oriented Parish community capable of discharging its responsibilities of spreading the Word of God and uniting our parishfamily with the entire community.
2. To assure through its committees continual and integrated surveys of both spiritual and temporal needs of the individual, the family, the Parish and the greater community. After setting priorities, develop and implement programs aimed at meeting these needs.
3. To serve as a permanent structure for constructive dialogue between clergy and laity of the Parish so all can work in close cooperation as a truly Christian Community in fulfilling Christ’s saving mission.
4. To provide leadership, direction, education, resources and encouragement in accordance with the mission, and the constant and continuing goals of the Parish, the Diocese and the Roman Catholic Church.
5. To cooperate with and effectively carry out the guidelines and the directions given by the Presiding Parish Pastor, Bishop and the Diocesan Pastoral Council.
6. To determine and utilize the abilities of all members of the parish community. To serve in organizing and coordinating a solid body for all parish organizations, committees and group activities within the parish.
7. To plan and implement suitable programs which affect the life of the parish.